A Craftsman Bungalow

A Craftsman Bungalow

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hottest Week of The Year

Well, here it is…..the hottest week of the year has rolled around again and caught me without the pool and air conditioner I swore I’d never be without after the last Seattle heat wave (when was that again?). I’m renewing my vow. Next year I will be prepared!

When the kids were little we had a great patio right outside the door of our family room. Though we had no air conditioning, we were always prepared to be cooled off on hot days in our trusty 8-foot pool. So that we could “swim” immediately, I’d hook the garden hose up to the hot water tank and empty the entire 50 gallons into the pool. This was just enough bring the cold water up to a temperature that was bearable on the first “plunge”. All of us, including my husband and me, spent many afternoons and evenings in that pool during the summers we lived in that house.

Sadly, those days are gone, but I’m considering resurrecting them. Bob is building us a new patio this summer, and even though the kids are grown up and gone now, I can see myself getting another one of those pools for weeks like this one. The hot water tank is located in the laundry room, just off the patio……

1 comment:

Seattleista said...

How convenient that the hot water tank is so close. Hey, can I come over and hang out with you next summer when you have your pool?? :-)